The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) and Governor DeWine issued a general health order that provides mandatory requirements for school operations and reporting of COVID data for both parents and school officials.
• Parents or guardians of students, and school staff, are strongly encouraged to provide notice of a positive case diagnosis within 24 hours. Parents should call (513) 272-9698 and speak to District Nurse Shelley Hoyer, the designated COVID Coordinator, to report positive test results. This tracking system will be monitored daily for updated reporting on COVID cases.
• School nurses use required documents to track suspected cases. When a COVID case is suspected, the District will provide documentation for parents to have their child’s physician complete prior to their return to school. The District asks that all documentation is completed in full.
• Parents are also encouraged to notify the District of testing due to suspected cases of COVID, regardless of the result. Efficient contact tracing involves both notification and timing of close contacts with the child or adult who may be considered a suspected case.
• Indian Hill staff immediately reports a student or staff member suspected as a COVID case to our designated official at the Hamilton County Health Department as part of our contact tracing protocols.
• Indian Hill administrators will issue public updates in writing to students and parents to make information about a positive COVID case publicly available to the fullest extent allowable under the law. The updates will be emailed to parents and guardians and posted to the District website. We will not issue names associated with positive COVID cases or contact tracing.
• The Hamilton County Health Department will share Indian Hill School District data with the Ohio Department of Health on a weekly basis about newly reported cases, as well as cumulative cases. This school data will be posted weekly at coronavirus.ohio.gov.
Administrators, staff, local health officials, and our partner health organizations will continue to implement proper safety guidelines and protocols and educate students and parents of our protocols. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us.
In service to children,
Indian Hill School District