There are some significant K-12 updates to share with you.
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed into law much needed relief for K-12, waiving many primary and secondary education requirements for the 2019-2020 school year due to COVID-19. The new law includes:
1. Elimination of state mandated testing for 2019-20
2. District-level decisions on graduation for the Class of 2020
3. District-level decisions on Third Grade Reading guarantee and promotion
4. Waiver of instructional hour requirements for districts offering distance learning
5. Exempting districts from sanctions/penalties for state report card grades (2019-2020)
6. Flexibility for teacher evaluations (permissive, and prohibits value-added data)
7. A moratorium on the expansion of Ed Choice vouchers of any kind until April 1, 2021
2019-2020 School Year Testing:
• End of Course Exams have been waived by the legislature.
• The Third Grade Reading guarantee test is waived.
• Class of 2021 ACT testing requirement is waived.
• Traditional face-to-face AP Exams will not take place on campus this school year. On April 3, the College Board will update its guidance. See College Board link
for more details.
IMPORTANT REMINDER - Indian Hill School District guidance on operations during closure:
• Campus will be and remain closed through April 5.
• During this time, access to all facilities, including athletic fields, will be restricted for staff, students, parents, and community members.
• Students should be ready to engage in distance learning beginning March 31
• Only essential operational staff members will be allowed to access our facilities until further notice.
In service to our children,
Indian Hill School District