We are excited to welcome our students back to campus this week! You should have already received details from your student’s building principal regarding our staggered start to this school year, which takes place Thursday, August 19 and Friday, August 20. We will welcome all students back to campus on Monday, August 23.
Additionally, I wanted to share some of our operating plans as we continue to navigate COVID-19:
• Indian Hill will operate with an in-person learning format. However, a virtual learning option will be available for those students with extenuating health circumstances.
• All typical, annual school calendar activities that commenced August 1 are scheduled to take place.
• The District will continue to mitigate the likelihood of spread with cleaning and safety protocols in place.
• Indian Hill will continue to monitor and receive local, regional, state, and national data and input from our area health partners and government officials to make informed decisions.
As a reminder, we will begin the school year K-12 with a mask mandate. You can find the details of that decision by clicking here
. When & Where Masks Are Required:
• Inside all school buildings for all students, staff, visitors indoors until September 14.
• On all school bus transportation to/from school or activities through September 14.
• Inside during calendar of activities or events as visitors or spectators (auditoriums, gymnasiums, cafeterias, classroom meetings).
Please note: Masking and social distancing will be encouraged and communicated during indoors events, sports, and activities.Quarantine:Click here
to view a visual of how the District will manage quarantines, as provided by the Hamilton County Public Health Department. Daily Operations:
In the event a student chooses to not wear a mask in spaces in which a mask is required, the appropriate response could include:
• Offering the child a mask to wear
• Individual meeting with a trusted staff member
• Phone call home
• Removal from the classroom and isolation within the school environment in a space with increased mitigation measures in place
• Meeting with building administrator
• Request for parent to pick child up
• The District has the legal ability to control our physical campus to keep schools open and keep as many children attending without disruption