In our best effort to adhere to mandates and safety guidelines presented by local and national health organizations, the Ohio government and Governor Mike DeWine, the Indian Hill School Board unanimously passed a resolution approving three school models that may be used by the District for the 2020-2021 school year, including an online program:
Plan A: In-person learning 5 days per week
Plan B: Two K-12 teams that alternate learning on campus two day per week; online three days per week
Plan C: Online 5 days per week
The District also presented a first reading of adjusted 2020-2021 school year calendars aligned to the respective plans. The draft calendars
, Calendar B
, Calendar C
) are available on the District website.
What This Means:
- Plan A: Students will begin school with a staggered start. Half of the students will attend August 27, half August 28. School will resume for all students on Wednesday, August 29.
- Plan B: Two teams - Red and White - will be identified by last name. The White Team will start school on August 27. The Red Team will start school on August 31. The end-of-year school dates for both teams are also adjusted accordingly.
- Semester and end-of-year dates are also adjusted based on the operational plan the District implements.
- The first day of school for staff will remain as Tuesday, August 18 to provide opportunities to further develop online curriculum and programming.
- On Saturday, August 1, our campuses will reopen for staff to access buildings and for students involved in approved activities to resume participation, following the Indian Hill Activities Guidelines.
- To limit the total population on our campuses, visitors will continue to follow restricted access guidelines to facilities.
The Board of Education will present the first reading of a new K-12 Face Covering Policy at their next Special Meeting, Thursday, July 30 at 7:00 p.m. Members of the public may view the meeting through a live stream.
The Board will review a new Indian Hill Alert System, based on the prevalence of COVID-19 community spread, to define the District school plan response to future Ohio decrees, legal mandates, and county safety guidelines impacting the school plans.
Please continue to monitor the District website
for the latest school-related information as we continue to adjust and prepare for the upcoming school year. Access our Coronavirus Information website
for quick links to important resources.
We appreciate all of our Braves and their commitment to their health and to one another. We will continue to provide regular updates and look forward to another successful year at Indian Hill Schools.
In service to our children,
Indian Hill School District