Special Education and related services are provided to those who qualify through a comprehensive evaluation process demonstrating adverse educational impact. Services may include intervention, itinerant services, or preschool placement. Contracted preschool services are provided through Hamilton County Educational Service Center, which is housed at the Indian Hill Primary School. As required by law, a continuum of early childhood services are offered through an IEP when the evaluation team can document an adverse impact a delay/disability has on their ability to participate in appropriate activities (preacademic, social, or emotional).
Some guiding questions parents may ask if they suspect delays within their child’s development include:
- Can your child verbally express wants/needs/ideas with peers?
- Can your child initiate and maintain a conversation (exchanges)?
- Can your child engage in turn-taking while playing with peers?
- Can your child participate in his/her preschool activities?
- Can your child understand and follow simple spoken directions?
- Can your child ask/answer simple questions?
The Indian Hill Early Childhood Center is accepting registrations for the upcoming school year. Parents of children who will be 3-4 years old by August 30 are invited to register their child for our developmentally appropriate, content rich program. The classroom teacher is licensed by the State of Ohio. There are 12 children per session: 6 who are typically developing, 6 with special needs. Indian Hill families are given priority when a slot is available in the program. However, residency in the Indian Hill district is not a requirement for enrollment.
For more information, please contact: